Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

To do the compostion of my painting, I picked the picture that I wanted, which was one that I took on my phone. I then noticed that I needed something in the front of my picture so I printed out pictures of rocks. When you are painting, you have to use atmospheric perspective. Armospheric perspective is making everything in the painting in perspective with eachother and having it all look realistic. To create atmospheric perspective, I used different shades and different tints of my color scheme. I also had to create a light course, which I did by adding white to the parts that I needed to be lighter and adding black to the shadows and to the darker parts. For my color scheme, I used analogous colors. I went off the green and used the colors that were next to that. To add texture to the painting, you use different types of brush srokes. For the sky, I went horizontally to make it look layered and calm looking out. I had to make the trees in the background and grass so I took a brush and dabed it to make it all look rough and textured. The lighthouse was the main feature in the painting so I made it stand out the most and for the brush strokes i went diagonally so that you could tell it was circular. Value is using lights and darks to make the objects more realistic. I used white and black to make things lighter adn darker which created the value in my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment