Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pastel Still Life


When I started to plan this project, I looked at everything that I would need to do. I planned my compostition by first figuring out how i wanted to place my boxes of candy. I realized that I liked the look of all of them stacked up and having my favorite candy on top. To figure out the placement, I used a thumbnail sketch, which is a smaller and more zoomed in picture of the objects that helps you focus on the main features. When you look through the veiwfinder, you see what you would be drawing and it helps you decide how you want your objects to be set up. To make the boxes look three dimensional, I used shading with both light and dark. I created a light source by using cast shadows and also making one side of the still life darker and having the other side be lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment