Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Escher


In class we started learning about a artist who would draw pictures like this, so we had to think of our own idea and draw it. When I started to think of a plan for this project, I knew that I wanted to do something with day and night because I love the difference in them. I did the building in two-point perspective and I wanted it in the middle that way I could have day on one side and night on the other side. The artist used to do checkers in many of this artworks, so I did mine that way too. First I made a sketch and then when it was how I wanted it, I went over it to make it better. To add different values, I made sure to shade the night side and leave the day side white, as if its bright out. From this project,  I learned a lot about the famous artist and about point perspective drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment