Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ceramic Bowl


My ceramic bowl was how it was because I wanted something that would be usable but at the same time have a cool design. Its a medium sized bowl and could be used for eating out of but also storing things in. During the construction of designing this bowl, I really wanted to make the shape of it the main feature. I cut a shape out of paper and then put it on the block of clay to cut out. After cutting out the clay, I did a hump bowl. A hump bowl means that I layed it on the outside of the bowl to create the shape. We also had to do a radial design in this, meaning a design that starts in the middle and comes out. While doing this project, I learned many things about different types of clay and how to shape clay too. I learned how to use red clay as a color to add decoration. If I could redo the project, I would make sure to smooth out the clay more so that no cracks would show up. I would also do more layers of red clay so that it would show up more and not be so blotchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment